I know I’ve said it before, but I really do just get to meet the most wonderful people that we honor with the Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat. Just yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet Liz Arnold who has volunteered for more than 15 years for Dream Factory. This organization is completely volunteer based and helps makes dreams come true for children that are very ill.
Liz brought her husband and two friends along, and as I first met her friend Edna, I thought she looked familiar. As we began talking, Liz mentioned how Edna’s son is a quadriplegic. I told her that was interesting because I had just got back from seeing my boyfriend who is riding his bike across the country to raise awareness for people with disabilities.
As I started to tell her more about PUSH America and Journey of Hope, Liz excitedly pointed out that she knew all about Journey of Hope because Edna’s son, Mark, was the host in Olathe! Not only had I just met Mark the day before, but I had even toured his home and learned all about how he lives all on his own. I left Mark’s house completely inspired by his motivation and desire to accomplish so many things when it would be so much easier to just allow someone else to do them for you.
Edna told me she thought she recognized me when I first came over to talk to them about the Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat. It was such an exciting realization of what a small world it is, and yet another example of the incredible people I get to meet as a member of K Crew.
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…
The Boys in Blue are back at the K tonight to begin a very fun and exciting homestand! After a three-game series with the Tigers, we’ll be taking on Tampa Bay in a four-game series. Of course, the guys will be bringing all sorts of excitement and entertainment on the field, but the excitement certainly isn’t limited to the pitching and bat speed of the team. We have a ton of really exciting promotions and fun stuff going on in this week!
Generally, I wait and tell you all about everything we’ve had going on after we’ve completed a homestand, but there were just too many great giveaways and events, that I wanted to give you the heads up before they happen!
Don’t miss any of these awesome nights at the K…
- Tuesday: T-shirt Tuesday! Get your Frank White Powder Blue T-shirt!
- Wednesday: Ink College Day…Show a High School or College ID at the Royals Ticket Window starting 1.5 hours before game time and receive an Outfield Plaza or View Level Box ticket for just $7 each.
- Thursday: Girls Night Out! Bring all of your girlfriends out to the K! The party starts at 5:30 PM in Lot H. The first 20,000 ladies will receive Pink and White Rhinestone cap presented by Meierotto Midwest Jewelers.
- Friday: A night of fan favorites…Dodge Buck Night and Fireworks Friday presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi.
- Saturday: The 610 Saturday Party presented by Miller Lite begins at 4:00 PM at Gate A. Plus the first 20,000 fans will receive a Dan Quisenberry HOF Bobblehead presented by Dodge. You won’t want to leave this game early either…Emerson Drive will be performing a concert from the field after the game!
- Sunday: A great day to bring your family out to a ballgame. It’s Friends and Family Day presented by Bob Evans, and kids can run the bases after the game during the Sprint Fun Run. This Sunday is also an Autograph Afternoon!
After being out of town for a large portion of the previous homestand, I was just telling a friend that I get to work five of the seven games this week. Catharine then pointed out that not every one says “I GET to work” when talking about their job… but it really is the truth when you’re on the K Crew! See you out at the ballpark this week!
It’s a GREAT day to a Royals fan…
I worked Friday night’s game after being out of town for the past couple of weeks, and it was so good to be back at the stadium! And very exciting to be back on a victorious night against the Mariners with tons of fans in their Royals’ Cowboy Hats!
Even as I was out of town, I certainly didn’t forget about my boys in blue back home in Kansas City. I feel like my K Crew duties shouldn’t be limited to the confinements of the ballpark, so I was busy spreading Royals cheer all over the past couple of weeks…
I’m always thinking of the Royals… even on the beach of Tybee Island!
And then I wore my Royals shirt proudly at church camp! So many of my campers were so excited to hear about the incredible opportunity I’ve had this summer with K Crew. It is probably one of the coolest jobs to get to tell people about… because everyone is always so excited! And who doesn’t like getting to tell people they get to run in a hot dog suit??
And church camp is about the only place I’d be standing this close to a crazy Cardinals fan! We are actually all pretending to be excited in this picture about a fake proposal I received earlier that night from a camper, but later I told Hannah (the silly Cardinals fan) that really we’re all admiring my super cool ROYALS bracelets!
While I’ve loved spreading the excitement of my favorite baseball team from Tybee to Camp Bobwhite, it was great to be back at the stadium Friday night!
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…