It really doesn’t sound like that long ago when we were getting ready for 2009 K Crew auditions and announcing the new team, but now it’s already time for 2010 K Crew auditions! Here’s the scoop…
Date: Saturday, November 14, 2009
Time: Registration/Check-in: 9:30 am, Auditions: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Location: Kauffman Stadium – One Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129 (Park in Lot M and enter the stadium at Gate C)
Job Description: The Kansas City Royals K Crew is a fan-interactive team that will perform at all 2010 Kansas City Royals home games at Kauffman Stadium. The K Crew will be the face of the Royals gameday experience and act as Royals fan ambassadors both at Kauffman Stadium and at outside appearances as assigned. K Crew duties include fan interaction throughout stadium (meet and greets, autograph sessions, etc.), facilitating entertainment utilizing special skills/talents, game operations responsibilities such as in-game promotions, T-shirt launches and crowd rallies, and other duties as assigned by the Kansas City Royals.
1. 18+ and a high school graduate by January 1, 2010 (valid photo I.D. required)
2. Candidates must be willing to devote a large percentage of time to the K Crew program, including attendance at rehearsals, all designated games, community events and other mandatory appearances in and around the Kansas City area. Must have flexible schedule for nights, weekends and holidays.
3. Candidates must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the Kansas City area.
4. Candidates must have the stamina and fitness level to perform athletic activities in conditions of summer heat.
5. Candidates must demonstrate good moral character and be drug free.
6. Candidates must be able to perform activities and interact with fans on camera in front of large crowds. Prior performance, entertainment, public relations, and/or broadcasting experience preferred.
7. Candidates must have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and a positive, energetic personality. Must be able to handle situations with a quick and professional response.
8. Candidates must be reliable, punctual, and courteous. Should have good listening skills and an ability to work with brief instruction as part of a team.
9. Knowledge of the game of baseball is preferred.
10. No candidate may presently be affiliated with or be a representative of any other semi-professional or professional athletic franchise.
Visit the official K Crew Web page for more information and to get your application! Deadline for Pre-Registration is Monday, November 9, 2009. If you have any questions, call 816-504-4433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll see you at auditions! Good luck!
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…
Sometimes life gets a little crazy, and I need reminders to update my favorite blog! These reminders can come from a Post-It note on my desk at work, sometimes from my boss here at the Royals, but my favorite reminders come from fans that are checking the blog…such as this super excited fan who dominated the Upper Deck Match Game! Ryan, you were awesome, and I absolutely loved your very excited message and reminder to get this blog up! Thanks for being such a great fan!!!!
Katie and I are posing with our favorite fan from Argentina!!! We made a super special delivery to give him a t-shirt for his excited Royals spirit! Muchas gracias for cheering for the Royals while in the USA!!
Okay, so these next pictures aren’t fans, but just some really awesome people that contribute to making The K my favorite place in all the world…
Here is Megan who started out the season as a fellow K Crew member, but as you can see from her snazzy clothes, she left the dugouts for an office job. She’s genuinely one of the nicest people I’ve ever met and just such a pleasure to work with at The K. Thanks for being so great and always so excited about the blog, Megan!
And everyone knows this guy that I was so excited to catch by himself for a minute to snap a picture for the blog! Thanks for the picture, Sluggerrr–you’re the best! No one gets the stadium clapping like you do! I feel so honored to get to work with you!
Now this next guy you might not recognize because he is behind the camera a lot, but you might have yelled, “HEY CAMERA MAN- GET ME ON SCREEN!” to him a couple of times this past season! I believe I’ve mentioned Jordan in a previous blog because he is seriously the best. I’ve had the extreme pleasure of working with him a lot this season, and he also does an excellent job at capturing the moments to put on CrownVision! Jordan- you’re awesome…with the camera of course, but also with some great advice you dispersed to Megan and me that last homestand! Thanks for such a fantastic season, and I can’t wait to see you next season!
And here is Tommy who was a huge help during my Live Shot out at the Royals Hall of Fame! He stepped in and did the play by play for us at the “You Make the Call” interactive experience. Super impressive, Tommy!
I saved these guys for last, because I especially liked something they said to me. As I was walking around talking to fans, these guys caught my eye. I know what you’re thinking–how could six ridiculously good looking guys NOT catch my eye? Well, you’re right, but also because generally when we see groups, we try to ask if they’re celebrating something special that we can help celebrate with them with some tattoos or pins or maybe even just a loud annoucement! So, I approached these rather handsome gentleman to inquire if there was a particular reason for their celebration…someone’s bachelor party or birthday maybe? They all kind of laughed and said no, and I explained that I just figured they must be celebrating something…and that’s when one of these great Royals fans goes, “Well we are! We’re here to celebrate the Royals!”
I couldn’t have put it better myself.
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…
P.S. Just because the season is over, doesn’t mean the blogging fun has to stop! I’ve actually already jotted down some notes for some blogs coming soon! In fact, here’s a sneak peak at the fun that is yet to come–one super awesome top 10 list that you don’t want to miss, some reflections from my last game of the season and highlights from K Crew’s end of the season party and awards ceremony!