There are many cool opportunities that come along with being a part of the KCrew. One of the most recent ones was being able to go live on Hot 103 Jamz with host Sean Tyler. Hot 103 Jamz is a local radio station broadcasted live to millions of people throughout the Kansas City area. Sandy, Megan and I had the amazing opportunity to promote walk ups for the 2011 KCrew auditions.
Before the interview I was very nervous. Who knew talking on the radio would be more nerve wracking than doing camera interviews at Royals games? Maybe it was the thought that it would be broadcasted live to thousands of drivers on their way home from work! But as soon as we got to the station, we were greeted by smiling faces that put our nerves at ease.
One of the first people we met was Rich McCauley. He is the Marketing and Promotions director for Carter Broadcast Group, Inc. He escorted us to the room where our interview would take place. At that time he spoke to us about the history of the Carter Broadcast Group and how they had just had their 60th year anniversary and are still going strong. The next person we met was Sean Tyler himself! I was more familiar with his voice than his face. It’s very interesting seeing someone after listening to them for so long. There he briefed us on what questions he would be asking us and reassured us that everything would go fine.
After about 10 minutes, we were on air. We talked about what KCrew does, how fun it is, and how people could join by coming to the audition the next day. It was over so fast. Our nervous energy had paid off and we got the job done!
Thanks KPRS for stepping up and supporting the KCrew!
K CREW AUDITIONS:
Date: Saturday, November 6, 2010
Time: Registration/Check-in begins at 7:00am. Auditions to begin at 8:00am
Location: Kauffman Stadium – One Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129
-Please Park in Lot M and enter the stadium at Gate C.
1. 18+ and a high school graduate by January 1, 2011 (valid photo I.D. required)
2. Candidates must provide a full length, color photo and head shot of yourself (preferably in workout attire) that will become property of the Royals (may be a snap shot).
3. Candidates must submit a $15 non-refundable application processing fee in the form of a check or money order (Make payable to the Kansas City Royals) PLEASE, NO CASH.
4. Candidates must be willing to devote a large percentage of time to the K Crew program, including attendance at rehearsals, all designated games, community events and other mandatory appearances in and around the Kansas City area. Must have flexible schedule for nights, weekends and holidays.
5. Candidates must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the Kansas City area.
6. Candidates must have the stamina and fitness level to perform athletic activities in conditions of summer heat.
7. Candidates must demonstrate good moral character and be drug free.
8. Candidates must be able to perform activities and interact with fans on camera in front of large crowds. Prior performance, entertainment, public relations, and/or broadcasting experience preferred.
9. Candidates must have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and a positive, energetic personality. Must be able to handle situations with a quick and professional response.
10. Candidates must be reliable, punctual, and courteous. Should have good listening skills and an ability to work with brief instruction as part of a team.
11. Knowledge of the game of baseball is preferred.
12. No candidate may presently be affiliated with or be a representative of any other semi-professional or professional athletic franchise.
STOP, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
In order for your application to be complete and accepted, please follow these guidelines:
1. The following items must be completed and returned to the Kansas City Royals offices.
a. K Crew Application-Deadline for Pre-Registration is Monday, November 1st
b. Signed Release Form
c. Full length, color photo and head shot
d. $15 non-refundable application processing fee
2. Application, release form, full length photo and head shot, and $15 non-refundable application fee can be submitted through the following options:
a. Mail: K Crew Auditions – One Royal Way – Kansas City, MO 64129
b. Drop-off: Kauffman Stadium (Gate C)
3. Walk-ups day of auditions are also welcomed.
MANDATORY AUDITION ATTIRE:
Athletic shirt, shorts and tennis shoes. Applicants will not be considered without this attire.