Results tagged ‘ David Cook ’
After way too long and COLD of a winter, BASEBALL SEASON IS BACK!!! It was so exciting to be back out at The K seeing so many of you who we had missed all winter long!
I’m going to re-cap our first homestand with some pictures and commentaries of all the fun going on during our first week of baseball for the 2010 season!
Let’s just start off with this picture of Chelsea, Lauren and me…oh yeah and David Cook. No big deal, right? Again, let me just say- we have THE coolest job ever. Here’s where I do need to be honest and confess that I’ve never seen a single episode of American Idol (sorry, David). No worries though, because my new friend Chelsea has FOR SURE made up for my lack of viewing, because this girl was SO EXCITED to see her favorite American Idol!!!
This is where I need to genuinely thank you, my faithful blog readers, because it is because of THIS VERY BLOG that I get to do things such as sit down with David in his suite and ask him some questions. All for you, my awesome readers. David was completely down to earth, playing with his cousins and just hanging out watching the game. I asked him about his favorite Royals memory, and he said it would have to be during the 2003 season when he was working out at the stadium (yep, he spent several seasons working out at The K!). He said that just the spirit and excitement of all of the fans was so enthusiastic and energetic and made for such an awesome season.
David also complimented the people of Kansas City as being “unlike the people anywhere else.” I wasn’t sure what he meant and when I inquired a little further, he explained, “People everywhere else call me Mr. Cook. Everyone here calls me David.” He said it’s so great to be back home and receive such a warm response from the people of KC. We were surely glad to have him singing the anthem for us Opening Day, and I won’t drive past the “Home of David Cook” sign on I-70 ever again without thinking about what a genuinely nice guy David is, not to mention a ROYALS FAN!!!
Now David, take no offense to this, but when I sent a text to my dad to tell him that I had the opportunity to be in charge of the Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat for Opening Day with John Wathan AND that I would get to meet David Cook, my dad replied, “Who is David Cook? YOU GET TO MEET THE DUKE!!!” My dad was teasing and of course knows who David Cook is, but the super Royals fan in him was even MORE excited about the fact I’d be talking to The Duke! It certainly was my pleasure to get to visit with such an important person in Royals baseball!
And last, but certainly not least, are some pictures of the awesome fans that were out and cheering for their favorite team on Opening Day. I sincerely really do mean it when I say “but certainly not least,” because while hanging out with David Cook and John Wathan was obviously exciting, K Crew’s main focus is YOU. The fan. The guy that comes out night after night to watch the Royals play. The sweet old lady that keeps the score book to be a part of the game. The precious little kid with cotton candy and a tattoo who is SO EXCITED to be here. YOU are who we are here for…to cheer with you, to visit with you, and to make lifetime friendships despite any and all other differences because each of us share the bond as fans of our team–the Kansas City Royals.
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…
Because of my new busy schedule with school, volleyball and grad school, I haven’t been able to work as many games as I would like lately. However, I was finally able to get on the schedule for this past Wednesday night. I was so excited at the thought of being back at the stadium, catching up with my long lost K Crew friends, and just enjoying the fans and everything about being at the game. After school, I changed into my powder blue uniform so I would be ready to go right after volleyball practice. All of my players enjoyed the Royals spirit and a couple of them even inquired about how to get on the K Crew. Needless to say, I was SO excited about the game…and then I got a phone call from Emily as I was almost to the stadium to find out it was cancelled!! I feel like most people get excited when they find out they don’t have to go in to work…but I was genuinely SAD!
I had planned on writing this blog about my first game back, but instead, I compiled a Top Ten list all about the amazing qualities of being K Crew member!!
Top Ten Reasons it’s a GREAT day to be a KCrew Member:
- We get to be at the stadium all the time. I seriously just love being there so much!!
- All kinds of cool uniforms.
- We get paid to do things we’d do for free, i.e. cheer on the Royals, run in hot dog suits, etc…
- We get to meet all kinds of amazing exciting people, which this season has included David Cook, Emerson Drive and, of course, your Kansas City Royals!
- We get to hang out with Tim Scott.
- We get to be on CrownVision, the world’s largest high definition video board! And occasionally on FSN!
- We get to launch t-shirts and hot dogs from the dugout! There’s just something really exciting about hopping up onto those dugouts between innings!
- Tickets to the games. (This should actually be on a separate list entitled, “Top Ten Reasons It’s GREAT to be friends/family with a K Crew Member.”)
- The opportunity to work with such exciting, talented people! (I started to give a shout out here to some of my favorite people on K Crew but the list was basically THE ENTIRE GROUP!!! I LOVE MY FELLOW K CREW MEMBERS!!!)
- Just the feeling of being a part of such an exciting organization as the ROYALS!!! There’s just a certain excitement and pride that comes with saying, “Yeah, I work for the Royals.”
Now after making this list, I’m really missing the best job ever, so there better be no rain in the forecast for Saturday or Sunday, because rain or shine, I’m going to The K!!!
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…