Results tagged ‘ Fox Sports Net Kansas City ’
Because of my new busy schedule with school, volleyball and grad school, I haven’t been able to work as many games as I would like lately. However, I was finally able to get on the schedule for this past Wednesday night. I was so excited at the thought of being back at the stadium, catching up with my long lost K Crew friends, and just enjoying the fans and everything about being at the game. After school, I changed into my powder blue uniform so I would be ready to go right after volleyball practice. All of my players enjoyed the Royals spirit and a couple of them even inquired about how to get on the K Crew. Needless to say, I was SO excited about the game…and then I got a phone call from Emily as I was almost to the stadium to find out it was cancelled!! I feel like most people get excited when they find out they don’t have to go in to work…but I was genuinely SAD!
I had planned on writing this blog about my first game back, but instead, I compiled a Top Ten list all about the amazing qualities of being K Crew member!!
Top Ten Reasons it’s a GREAT day to be a KCrew Member:
- We get to be at the stadium all the time. I seriously just love being there so much!!
- All kinds of cool uniforms.
- We get paid to do things we’d do for free, i.e. cheer on the Royals, run in hot dog suits, etc…
- We get to meet all kinds of amazing exciting people, which this season has included David Cook, Emerson Drive and, of course, your Kansas City Royals!
- We get to hang out with Tim Scott.
- We get to be on CrownVision, the world’s largest high definition video board! And occasionally on FSN!
- We get to launch t-shirts and hot dogs from the dugout! There’s just something really exciting about hopping up onto those dugouts between innings!
- Tickets to the games. (This should actually be on a separate list entitled, “Top Ten Reasons It’s GREAT to be friends/family with a K Crew Member.”)
- The opportunity to work with such exciting, talented people! (I started to give a shout out here to some of my favorite people on K Crew but the list was basically THE ENTIRE GROUP!!! I LOVE MY FELLOW K CREW MEMBERS!!!)
- Just the feeling of being a part of such an exciting organization as the ROYALS!!! There’s just a certain excitement and pride that comes with saying, “Yeah, I work for the Royals.”
Now after making this list, I’m really missing the best job ever, so there better be no rain in the forecast for Saturday or Sunday, because rain or shine, I’m going to The K!!!
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…
School is under way. Every student in Senorita Dyer’s classroom has seen plenty of blue… and I’m not just talking about the blue of the Grain Valley Eagles’ school colors, but also the POWDER blue of my Royals! The first couple of days I spent some time getting to know the students, as well as letting them get to know me a little better. I couldn’t help but smile and get pretty excited each hour when a student asked me where I worked this summer. I think I’ve inspired all 182 of my students to want to be future K Crew members one day!
Tomorrow Homestand #10 continues with the Giant Banner Flag giveaway to the first 20,000 fans presented by Fox Sports Net Kansas City. I’m thinking that will have a place in my classroom right next to all my other Royals excitement! Today in class, I was fingerspelling words in American Sign Language for my students to recite to me. The first word I fingerspelled was R-O-Y-A-L-S, which they all got correctly pretty quickly. I’m not for sure if it’s because my students are just that intelligent OR because they know me that well already to know that of course I’d be talking about the Royals!
I meant to include these pictures from the golf tournament in last week’s blog, but I forgot. However, I think it’s important enough to go ahead and put up a week late, because it needs to be known how important the “helpers” are for the Hot Dog Derby! Emily is so kindly helping me here in this picture get my shoes all strapped in before the big race. Each time we do the Hot Dog Derby, different K Crew members are assigned the role of “helpers.” This role may sound not that important, but really it’s actually super important, because it is a little more difficult to successfully get in those suits than one might think! It takes some hard working K Crew members to help get the racers all ready to go… because if those straps aren’t tight or the suit’s not on quite right, victory might be just one fall away for ol’ Ketchup, Mustard or Relish! This second shot also includes Amy who was also very helpful in getting us all ready to go that morning. You girls are great! Thanks for LETTING me run!
A couple of weeks ago, I received a phone call from Community Blood Center thanking me for being a regular blood donor with them and asking me if I wanted to come in and give during “Royals Week.” I love giving blood, so I said I’d definitely come in, and when I got there I was pretty excited to see what “Royals Week” entailed… Not only did I get a fun Royals T-shirt, but also two free tickets! I told the lady taking my health information about K Crew and my own involvement with the Royals, and she asked me if I had my uniform with me to take a picture. I just happened to have my powder blue in the car, and I agreed as long as she promised to be nice with the needle! She was, and I was able to save three lives while wearing my favorite uniform!
Even when I’m not at the stadium, from my classroom to blood drives, the Royals are always on my mind!
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…