Results tagged ‘ Frank White ’
A few weeks ago, I received a most flattering email informing me that Mr. Dan Glass has been enjoying my blog all season long and wanted to offer me tickets to the Crown Club for any game of my choice.
Let me just explain what went through my mind as I read this email… first of all, I thought it was some sort of joke, because my friends constantly tease me that no one is reading my amazing blog. Upon realizing that it indeed was NOT a joke, I could not contain my excitement that he had been reading my blog all season!!!!! I was so honored and flattered and in complete disbelief! It wasn’t until after processing that it was not a joke and being so completely flattered that I finally realized the sheer excitement that I’d be going to a game and sitting in Mr. Glass’ Crown Seats!!!!
I still had not a clue how exciting it would be until I actually arrived at the game Saturday night and got to experience the crazy amazing crown seats from the very kind and generous Mr. Glass. I brought along my dad (the biggest and most loyal Royals fan I know) and our family friends, Samantha and Mike. My dad and Mike have been friends since high school and have been coming to games for over 30 years. They have always talked about George Brett and Frank White as if they actually knew them. Ironically, when the elevator door opened to take us to our seats, there was Frank White, and sure enough Mike said “hi” to him as if he had known him all his life.
Samantha and I have been best friends since we were babies… which is fun, because she now has a beautiful baby boy who got to come along as well. Hayden has now been to three Royals games… and we’ve won all three!!!
Before the game, we got to have a delicious meal in the Crown Club.
Sam and I are clearly super excited about our Tony Pena Jr. bobbleheads… and the Spanish teacher in me enjoyed every single minute of Viva Los Royals! And in the spirit of the Viva Los Royals night, I’d like to publicly say MUCHAS GRACIAS for such an amazing, wonderful, exciting opportunity!!!!!!
This is just a little glimpse of exactly how close we were to the field!
GREAT seats. GREAT food. GREAT company. GREAT game.
It’s a GREAT day to be a Royals fan…
The Boys in Blue are back at the K tonight to begin a very fun and exciting homestand! After a three-game series with the Tigers, we’ll be taking on Tampa Bay in a four-game series. Of course, the guys will be bringing all sorts of excitement and entertainment on the field, but the excitement certainly isn’t limited to the pitching and bat speed of the team. We have a ton of really exciting promotions and fun stuff going on in this week!
Generally, I wait and tell you all about everything we’ve had going on after we’ve completed a homestand, but there were just too many great giveaways and events, that I wanted to give you the heads up before they happen!
Don’t miss any of these awesome nights at the K…
- Tuesday: T-shirt Tuesday! Get your Frank White Powder Blue T-shirt!
- Wednesday: Ink College Day…Show a High School or College ID at the Royals Ticket Window starting 1.5 hours before game time and receive an Outfield Plaza or View Level Box ticket for just $7 each.
- Thursday: Girls Night Out! Bring all of your girlfriends out to the K! The party starts at 5:30 PM in Lot H. The first 20,000 ladies will receive Pink and White Rhinestone cap presented by Meierotto Midwest Jewelers.
- Friday: A night of fan favorites…Dodge Buck Night and Fireworks Friday presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi.
- Saturday: The 610 Saturday Party presented by Miller Lite begins at 4:00 PM at Gate A. Plus the first 20,000 fans will receive a Dan Quisenberry HOF Bobblehead presented by Dodge. You won’t want to leave this game early either…Emerson Drive will be performing a concert from the field after the game!
- Sunday: A great day to bring your family out to a ballgame. It’s Friends and Family Day presented by Bob Evans, and kids can run the bases after the game during the Sprint Fun Run. This Sunday is also an Autograph Afternoon!
After being out of town for a large portion of the previous homestand, I was just telling a friend that I get to work five of the seven games this week. Catharine then pointed out that not every one says “I GET to work” when talking about their job… but it really is the truth when you’re on the K Crew! See you out at the ballpark this week!
It’s a GREAT day to a Royals fan…