Results tagged ‘ Kansas City Royals KCrew ’
Dear Rookie KCrew,
Welcome to our squad! We are so excited for you to be a part of the best Crew in MLB! There are a few things you need to know before we get the season kicked off:
1. We have the best fans in baseball! Meet as many of them as possible. Get to know their names, and seek them out at as many games as you can. Baseball is even more fun when shared with friends.
2. Your name will be chanted and yelled almost as much as some of our players’ names. Enjoy it, but do not let it get to your head…you’re only a celebrity in the stadium. (People look at you a little oddly if you try to start a slow clap at the grocery store.)
3. Blue is your new favorite color. Get used to it! Whether it’s royal or powder, you’ll notice that your wardrobe will soon be overpowered by those beautiful hues.
4. Wear sunscreen! Those Sunday games in July and August can be brutal! Be kind to your skin.
5. It will take you a few weeks to get used to maneuvering the stadium. Don’t let any of the veterans fool you…at some point, every one of us walked an unnecessary circle around the stadium as we frantically searched for a specific section of the ballpark.
6. Take good care of your radio! We are spread out all over the stadium throughout the game, and our radios are the best way of communicating with each other, our bosses, and the control room.
7. Pack your bag for game days wisely! We live in Kansas City, and that means that it could be beautiful and balmy in the beginning of a game and turn to stormy and frigid by the end of the same game. Be prepared for anything! (And don’t forget pre-game snacks!)
8. You are a role model to thousands of young fans! Make every moment with them special!
9. Start practicing your signature – – – you’ll be writing your name a lot this summer!
10. Lastly, you will learn a lot from the veteran KCrew girls this year, but you will also teach us many things. It is the blend of old and new KCrew that makes us better each season! This is a big year for KC, and a great time to be a part of the Royals organization. Smile lots, have fun, and GO ROYALS!
Being a part of KCrew is more than just being present at all of the Royals games. We are lucky enough to get the opportunity to be involved with the community in a variety of ways. We have been a part of birthday parties, golf tournaments, parades, diabetes and heart walks, and our favorite, community charity events.
On August 30th, Sam and I had the chance to be involved with an appearance to support Royals Charities. On that day, the California Pizza Kitchen in Leawood, Kansas gave 20% of each ticket to Royals Charities when the party mentioned their support. We had such a blast with everyone who came out…even Sluggerrr! And the greatest part was the yummy pizza!
Here we are joined with a couple getting ready to order and support Royals Charities!
Royals Charities supports a variety of non-profit organizations in the area including Operation Breakthrough, Special Olympics of the Greater Kansas City Metro, Children’s Charity of Greater Kansas City, and many more! If you would like more information about Royals Charities or if you would like to donate, please contact Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the K! – Megan R.